I have updated my Cat DPS Guide for 4.3 on the Official WoW Forums. I should probably put that guide on TIB too. Maybe something I’ll do in my spare time later. Answering some common questions:
- Don’t worry about reforging secondary stats. They are all almost the same value you can’t go wrong unless you overcap hit or expertise. If you wish, go with your preferred style.
- With 4T13, consider switching Glyph of Bloodletting over to Glyph of Tiger’s Fury, unless you are using Kiroptyric Sigil or Ancient Petrified Seed.
- Against Ultraxion, use Glyph of Mangle in place of Glyph of Bloodletting or Glyph of Tiger’s Fury. Funnily enough, I would also recommend Glyph of Savage Roar for Spine of Deathwing, but it’s probably not going to make much of a difference.
- Try to get Vial of Shadows ASAP. It’s crazily overpowered as it is at the moment, yet relatively easy to get.
My Bear Spreadsheet has also been updated for 4.3
- 2T13 bonus is ~400 AEP worth of mitigation.
- Previously, vengeance will decay by 5% if you dodge or the get missed on all the attacks on yourself for the 2 second window. This no longer happens. Since all the boss seem to have 1.8s attack speed (debuffed), vengeance should not decay unless the boss does spellcasting.
- I neglected the DPS portion of the spreadsheet for 4.2, but it’s now updated with the correct coefficients. If you need absolute accuracy for Bear DPS, use Mew instead, but the spreadsheet shouldn’t be too far off.
My Restoration Spreadsheet has also been updated for 4.3
- Glyph of Wild Growth while it has been nerfed, is still a nett gain of HPC, SHPS and BHPS as long as you hit 6 targets with Wild Growth.
- The value of the 2005 Haste Breakpoint is ~450 IEP. This can be found by setting your Haste Rating to 2004 and reading off the IEP value of haste.
- The current default profile is based on Beruthiel@Llane’s (as recommended by Lissanna) iLevel 388 pre-4.3 gearset.
- The stat values from my spreadsheet shouldn’t be too far off from TreeCalc’s. However, note that if you look at TreeCalc’s HPS values without accounting for the “Time to OOM” you WILL overvalue Haste Rating (in between the Haste Breakpoints). The Sustainable HPS values from my spreadsheet takes into account both HPS and Time-to-OOM, and shows that Haste Rating is inferior to all the other secondary stats in between the Haste Breakpoints.
- Interestingly enough, Critical Strike Rating is only slightly behind Mastery Rating, and will even match Mastery Rating for Tank Healing with 3/3 Living Seed. The main thing keeping Mastery Rating in front is that Efflorescence double-dips into Mastery.
Sorry boomkins, I don’t have anything for you except this.
I hope to go into theorycraft hibernation until MoP, but if you have any questions, feature requests or other feedback, please leave a comment. Thanks!