There’s no doubt that TreeCalcs is the most popular Restoration Druid spreadsheet available for us, but it has a few issues that bothered me a lot, and I’ve found it unsatisfactory for helping me to select the best healing gear for myself and to determine relative stat values. So I wrote my own Spreadsheet that will answer the questions that I look for, and it’s publicly available for anyone that finds it useful.
- TreeCalcs uses separate “HPS” and “Time to OOM” measures. Unfortunately there is no hint given on how to use these two measures together. I’ve found that many simply ignored “Time to OOM” and look only at HPS, resulting in certain stats (mainly Haste) being overvalued. My Spreadsheet instead combines the two together into one measure called “Sustainable HPS”, which is the maximum HPS you can sustain without running out of mana until the end of the fight (of a configurable duration).
- The rotation assumed by TreeCalcs is rather arbitrary, and tries to be a mix of everything. I prefer a different approach, modeling two common healing playstyles (tank and raid healing) and mana situations (infinite mana, infinite duration, fixed duration), and being able to show how stat values change in reaction to different situations.
- Visit the Restoration Druid Spreadsheet at http://goo.gl/dsVCU
- The values in the yellow box section show the Relative Stat Value normalized against Intellect (aka Intellect Equivalent Points) for my current healing gear.
- Download the spreadsheet, or go to File -> Make a Copy, to make a copy of the spreadsheet into your own Google Docs account.
- Make sure you have no buffs activated.
- Enter your stats into the spreadsheet.
Limitations of the Spreadsheet
- Does not take into account procs and cooldowns
Description of Model
- OOM – Models an infinite length fight, assuming you start at 0 mana and using only mana that is regenerated
- Duration – Models a finite length fight based on the duration set in the green section
- Burst – Assumes unlimited mana
- Raid Healing – Keep Lifebloom and Rejuvenation on Main Tank, refreshing Lifebloom using Nourish. Healing Touch used on Clearcasting. Swiftmend on cooldown. Wild Growth on cooldown. Spend excess mana on Rejuvenation.
- Main Tank Healing – Keep Lifebloom and Rejuvenation on Main Tank. Healing Touch used on Clearcasting. Swiftmend on cooldown. Spam Nourish. Spend excess mana upgrading Nourishes to Healing Touch.