Stats, Gearing, and ReforgingStats
(number) value with Kings or Mark.
[number] value fully Raid BuffedAgility
- Provides AP, Crit, and Dodge. No longer provides Armor. Agility is the super-stat for Bears. It provides mitigation, avoidance and threat. No other tank has that balled up into one stat. Stacking Agility is typically the best course of action.
1 Agi = 2.5 AP (2.625 AP) [3.15 AP]
1 Agi = 0.0030783% Crit (0.0032323%)
324.85 Agi = 1% Crit
1 Agi = 0.0041054% Dodge (0.0043106%)
243.58 Agi = 1% DodgeStamina
- Increases your total health and is also able to provide a small amount of Attack Power through Vengeance. Stamina isn’t as important for us as it was in the previous expansion. Stacking it to the exclusion of all else is ill-advised, though there are situations where it is beneficial to have.
1 Sta = 18.698 Health (19.633)
1 Sta = 1.6695 AP (1.753 AP) [2.10357 AP]Armor
- Decreases the amount of physical damage taken. While armor from leather gear upgrades is very good, bonus armor (being unaffected by multipliers) isn’t quite as valuable. Bonus armor is considered armor from accessories, trinkets, and enchants.
1 Armor = 3.916 Armor (Bear Form + Thick Hide)
1 Armor = 3.99432 Armor (Bear Form + Thick Hide + Meta Gem)
Armor cap (75% DR) for Lvl88 Boss mobs = 97717.5 ArmorDodge
- Increases chance to dodge. Dodge gets better the more you have of it. It also extends the uptime of Savage Defense and also allows more time for Savage Defense to proc.
1 Dodge Rating = 0.005687% Dodge
176.71899 Dodge Rating = 1% DodgeMastery
- Increases the amount absorbed by Savage Defense via Savage Defender. This makes our Bear-Block bigger. It is a very good stat to have and should be sought out on gear.
179.28 Mastery Rating = 1 MasteryExpertise Rating
- Decreases an enemy’s chance to dodge and parry. Largely a threat stat, however it is also a good mitigation stat for Savage Defense until the dodge cap. Roughly equal to crit in value for mitigation until 26, at which point it is on par with Hit. Once you reach higher gear levels (>= 378) Expertise will actually be superior to Crit until you reach the softcap of 26.
Level 85 mob = 5.0% (Dodge) / 5.0% (Parry) = 601 (20) / 601 (20) Expertise Rating
Level 86 mob = 5.2% (Dodge) / 5.2% (Parry) = 631 (21) / 631 (21) Expertise Rating
Level 87 mob = 5.4% (Dodge) / 5.4% (Parry) = 661 (22) / 661 (22) Expertise Rating
Level 88 mob = 6.5% (Dodge) / 14% (Parry) = 781 (26) / 1682 (56) Expertise RatingCritical Strike Rating
- Increases chance to crit. Crit allows Savage Defense to proc more often, and has a small threat value. Roughly equal to expertise in value for mitigation. At higher gear levels (>=378) it falls slightly behind Expertise in terms of mitigation value.
1 Crit Rating = 0.0055779% Crit
179.28 Crit Rating = 1% CritHit Rating
- Increases chance to hit. Since Taunt and Skull Bash are no longer able to miss, having hit is merely a luxury and a threat stat.
120.109 Hit Rating = 1% Hit
1 Hit Rating = 0.0083256% Hit
8% Hit = 961 Hit RatingHaste Rating
- Increases attack speed. Haste is a very lackluster stat. Very minimal impact on threat, rage gen, and (as a stretch) mitigation. Should be avoided where possible.
128.05701 = 1% HasteStrength
- Provides attack power.
1 Str = 1.25 AP (1.3125 AP) [1.575 AP] Gearing and Reforging
Because there is no “tanking leather” and getting dodge as secondary stat means suboptimal gearing, you should be filling your gear slots with x/Mastery gear. Beyond that, Expertise/Mastery and Crit/Mastery gear choices are the absolute best. However, because there are stats better than Mastery (Agility and Dodge), you should not be reforging or gemming towards it.
For reforging, the best course of action is reforging the least wanted stat into Dodge Rating. This is the best support for survivability, while simultaneously keeping our avoidance above the plate tanks. The Reforge priority is as follows, from least wanted to most wanted:
Haste to Dodge.
Hit / Expertise (if beyond soft cap), if no Haste, to Dodge.
Crit >= Expertise (if below soft cap), if no Hit or Haste to Dodge.
Mastery, if no Haste, Hit, Expertise or Crit, to Dodge.